Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- It is the intention of CT Lund & Son that all terms of a contract between the Purchaser and CT Lund & Son are contained in this document, referred to in the quote and specifications provided to the Purchaser.
- No variation of or addition to the work specified in the Schedule set out (in CT Lund & Son quotation) shall have effect unless agreed in writing under the signature of a duly authorised officer of CT Lund & Son.
- The customer will be deemed to accept these terms of business and conditions of sale when instructions are given by the customer to proceed.
- The size and design of gates is at the discretion of the customer and the customer shall provide accurate dimensions and a description of the site for which the gates are to be made. Company design decisions may overrule other considerations but will take customers’ wishes into account unless an order or drawings indicate that a specific or special arrangement is required. Whilst every effort is made in the selection of timber used, and we as a small company are very proud of our products, unfortunately we cannot accept any responsibility for small defects in timber, which occur after the products have left the workshop due to the natural movement of timber.
- Gates: With the exception of tanalised field gates all gates are supplied untreated. If you wish to paint or stain your gates we recommend that you seek professional advice. C T Lund & Son will be in no way held responsible for the premature failure of any timber or adverse effects to the gates caused by the incorrect choice or application of any paints or stains applied to the gates once they have left our workshops.Occasionally by specific arrangement with a customer CT Lund & Son will act as a contractor and treat a product with a stain as instructed by the customer. However CT Lund & Son accept no responsibility for acting upon these instructions and do not give treatment advice in a professional capacity.
- Gateposts: Some air cracks, shakes and splits may appear in timber gateposts after installation (and treatment by the customer). This is normal and due to natural movement of timber and as such will not be covered by the warranty.
- Installation: If the client requires C T Lund & Son to install gateposts and/or associated underground equipment, plans for all buried services in the area must be produced prior to any work commencing. C T Lund & Son will not be responsible for any damage to services and will not be responsible for the provision or payment of any remedial or associated work that may be incurred.
- Any specified period for delivery shall be deemed to commence once all details of the order and payment have been finalised. All delivery dates are subject to fires, strikes, and other causes beyond the control of CT Lund & Son and which interfere with CT Lund & Son’s execution of the order. Time shall not be deemed to be of the essence of the contract.
- The contract is binding on both parties and may not be cancelled unless both parties so agree in writing.
- Payment in full for the goods ordered will be made at the time of order. Credit accounts for merchant customers are subjected to additional conditions.
- Payment can be made by cheque or bank transfer. Cheques should be made payable to C T Lund & Son.
- Risk or damage to or loss of any products shall pass to the Purchaser once the same have been delivered to the Purchaser’s premises. Legal title to the products shall not pass to the Purchaser until CT Lund & Son has received in full for the price of the products.